Appraisals of Personal Property:
Antiques, collectibles, heirlooms, furniture, glass, porcelain, pottery, silver, textiles, Orientalia, decorative art and general residential contents. Specialty in art glass. Formal written appraisals only. We do not conduct verbal appraisals or buy / sell items.
Insurance, estate, trust, planning, probate, tax, dissolution (divorce), equitable division, distribution, donation, gift.
On-site time including inspections, consultations and meetings:
$225 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum.
Research, analysis, documentation and report writing time: $150 per hour.
There is an average of (2) hours of research and documentation time for every hour of inspection time. Total appraisal fees start at $750 and go up from there depending on the number of items and hours involved.
Signed contract and deposit required at the time of inspection. The balance is due and payable prior to receipt of the appraisal or results.
Expert Witness services are charged at higher rates, and will not be provided unless agreed upon in writing in advance.
- Initial telephone consultation to determine services needed and scheduling of appointment.
- On-site inspection by appraiser(s) of specified items including inventory, measurements, photography and examination.
- Research, market analysis and valuation conducted after appraiser returns to the office.
- Report writing and documentation. Each item (or group of items) will have a description, condition, value and digital photograph. Appraisals are compliant with the report writing standards of the International Society of Appraisers, the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and with IRS regulations (when required).
- Delivery of the appraisal in approximately 4-6 weeks, depending on the number of items appraised and the appraiser’s work schedule. It may take longer in some cases.
Appraisals conducted by appointment only in client’s home, business or designated location. Serving San Diego and Palm Springs / Palm Desert, California. Available to travel for large projects.
All information pertaining to the appraisal is confidential. The report and information contained therein will be disclosed only to the client. Access to others will be granted only with permission from the client, or by court order.